Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Man from Jamaica

Caught up with an old friend today. Among other things he said he was going to the Caribbeans for a few months. The moment he said it I could here Bob Marley sing. "No woman no cry". I could see him sway his long matted dreadlocks wildly. Then I had an epiphany. Of my friend sitting in the beach, basking in the sun, sipping on rum. Ofcourse I could still hear the reggea in the distance.

"Mon, that is so cool", said I.
My man was already there, so he didn't quite reply! Ofcourse if he could he would say, "Anneda ting Jamiacan people no seh 'mon', wi seh 'man'".
I'd reply in true Bob Marley style, "Facts an' facts, an' t'ings an t'ings: dem's all a lotta fockin' bullshit".

Ever since I can't stop thinking about it. This reverie wont leave me. Everything about the Caribbeans seems so happening and "cool". Its about the way they talk. It's about the dope that takes them highya! It about the long matted dreadlocks and the Rastafarian way. Its about the way they dress. The way they walk. Its about the "wooman" from the Caribbeans and how she can dance and live it up. Is that hedonism or what! Its the way of Jah Rastafari! Its like time was frozen. No deadlines. No pressures. No chores. No girl trouble. No problems. No nothing. Just fun in the sun. Wow.

Sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong time at the wrong place! I really ought to emancipate myself.
"Just can't live that negative way...make way for the positive day!"

2 comments:

x said...

"Man, reggae sucks" said the rastafarian when he stopped the dope.

Wriju said...

Well this rastafarian never did dope! He loves rock, reggae and anything that makes him sway :-)