Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"If you please - draw me a sheep"



A tiny voice inside me whispered,
"If you please - draw me a sheep"

But it's been so long. That little boy is now a grown-up. He no longer does silly things like drawing. He stopped believing in Santa long ago. He doesn't play hide and seek anymore. Its been ages since he swung on a swing, slid down a slide, went round and round in a merry-go-round. The waves swept aside the sand castle long back. Ofcourse he can talk about golf, politics and neckties. I am sorry, that little boy who loved to draw, is lost and I don't know where to find him.

"That doesn't matter. Draw me a sheep ..."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey if the desire is strng n u still njoy relivn ur colourful childhood days,u always cn revive tht talent of urs.evry prson has a lil child hidden inside him unseen n unkwn to himslf.so chill!jst listn to ur heart,tht's it:-)

JM said...

One of my favorite books.."The Little Prince".
Funny how he was almost driven insane by the thought that his mother figure, a simple rose, would perish without his care. He was more of a mama's boy than an space traveler!

x said...

Wriju
we had the same thought today. I just posted lyrics instead of my thoughts.
It's so comforting.

Wriju said...

Ashmita:
True. I hear the hidden child at times ;-)
Armaedes:
Interesting thought. Except its not a defense, but a voice I often hear. I wonder what bestiality you refer too :-)
Angel:
One of my favorites too! Some cute things I remember about the book include - the 3 volcanoes, the sunsets, and the boababs he would constantly weed out.

Wriju said...

Chloe:
Like they say great minds think alike :-)
To be honest, you and your wonderful blog are always quite an inspiration.

x said...

Wriju
your candy is online xx

Wriju said...

Thanks, they were yummy ;-)

Wriju said...

Looonieeeeeee:
Weren't the sensations and joys of childhood so undiluted! Yes I can see the child in you :-)

Deepa:
Can I come over and play with you? ;-)

Wriju said...

Looonieee,
But don't let them rob you of your childlike simplicity...
No matter how many years you pile on you'll always be a little baby to me ;-)

Camphor said...

Draw the sheep. It's a terrible thing to wake up one day in your mad rush to nowhere and realise - I've lost the wee bit of me. That wee bit is the most important.

Wriju said...

So i clutch on to it with all my might :-)
Lets hope we don't lose our innocence to the mad rush of life.