Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ulysses


Travelled far and wide,
Fought my private wars,
Lost my friends,
You pinned me down,
But I got up again.

Met one-eyed beasts,
Pillaged islands,
Courted nymphs,
Oh such strange places,
Have I seen!

Gods conspired,
To hold me back,
Utter misfortune,
Have I faced,
Now I come back to thee.


The earth, she can take so many forms. So much beauty, all around. So many mountains, have I to climb. So many seas, to swim across. My list grows longer, each day. Time is running out.

There is nothing I love more, than to wander about.

7 comments:

Eric said...

To the wandering explorer in all of us, Amen.

x said...

that's so strange my Zen teacher. Yesterday i was writing about wandering too.
By the way that's a nice greek pic there.

Wriju said...

Greek pic! Thats it? I thought you would notice the whole post is about Odisseus, the great greek hero.
I am so fixated on greek mythology, greek gods. Its almost like Eric's fixation about Brits and Japanese!

x said...

greek mythology anime! that would be great!

Anonymous said...

Oh wandering...one of my favourite pastimes! ;) Accidental or not.

Wriju said...

Chloe :
No anime! Just fascination :-)
Windscreen :
Welcome Odissues of the web!

Eric said...

Yes! Greek anime!

Actually (get ready for a useless fact), there is an anime that centers around the legend of Alexander the Great: 'Reign: The Conqueror'

You both would love it. ^_^